Wednesday, July 28, 2010

WARNING - NO PICTURES!

So basically I have had this post written and then added some more for a few days. I have just been so lazy to upload some pictures for it. Actually, I have been really busy and just haven't had the time to upload the pictures. I have had other things that have taken priority. Anyways. I decided - what the heck - I need to just post this, b/c I haven't done a post in forever and if I don't get it up now I might not ever. So, here is a little post about what we did on our Mini vacation to Orlando, Florida!

By far Disney World is one of my favorite places to visit. It never gets old, there are so many happy people and fun things to see, and it's one of the only places that you can be 26 (or 46, mom) and act like you are 5 years old and no one looks at you funny. It doesn't get much better than that. Amber, Bryan and I flew in to Orlando a few weeks ago to surprise Rex and have a little fun with the fam. Rex got manager of the year & and it was his birthday weekend. We had lots of things to celebrate! We are very proud of him!

Thursday night mom and Rex had a banquet so Amber, Bryan and I were on our own. We headed to Universal Studios. Bryan was excited - this is one of his favorite parks and places to go in Orlando. I have to say I was pretty pumped, since I am a big Harry Potter fan and I knew the new section of the park was open. Besides the looooong lines it was pretty cool and they did a good job with it!

Friday, ahh Friday, we went to Magic Kingdom. I definitely have to say this is by far my favorite park. I love everything about it! It was hot, but we had a good time and were able to get a few rides in and grab some food before meeting Rex for an awesome dinner at our favorite restaurant, Seasons 52. (For the record one is opening right by our house at the Shops of Legacy and we cannot wait)

Saturday we spent the day at Hollywood Studios. We ventured to the Hollywood Tower of Terror, the Rockin Roller Coaster and the backlot studios. We hit up the shops and saw a few characters. We really wanted to see the Toy Story stuff, but the lines were too long and we had dinner reservations with Rex. We met Rex at Antonio's for dinner and oh my. This was the best pasta I have ever had. Hands down, not even joking. Ask the rest of the family - I made myself sick, because I ate so much pasta. I couldn't even take 1 bite of dessert, because I ate ALL of my pasta. It was bad, I am ashamed, but it was worth it...I guess.

Sunday we headed home. (when I get a chance, I have got to post a picture of the car ride to the airport. To say the least, we were a little crammed. We had to hold 2 suit cases in the backseat! haha it was funny!) All in all it was an awesome last minute get away. We love going to Florida and it is even more fun when the whole family gets to go. :) Again Congrats Rex - we love you and you are AMAZING!!

No comments: