Saturday, May 1, 2010

Recipe Time!!

I thought I would post several blogs this week sharing simple, easy and healthy recipes! If you have any healthy tips, ideas or recipes you would like to share please do!!!

Feta Turkey Burgers & Potato Fries

Ingredients:
1/2lb Lean Ground Turkey
Sandwich Thins (we use these instead of a regular hamburger buns)
Fat Free Feta Cheese
2 potatoes
Oregano
Basil
Garlic Salt
Onion Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil

Directions:

Turkey Burger -

Combine ground turkey oregano, basil, garlic salt and feta cheese and create into patty. (I don't measure the seasonings, I just add till I think it is good :) These seasonings have a lot of flavor so you do not have to over do it with them. Once patties are ready, place on grill about 20-30 minutes until done.



Potato Fries -

Clean 2 potatoes and cut both potatoes into very thin silvers/slices. When done place all silvers/slices into a bowl and add a small amount of olive oil. Maybe 2 tablespoons of oil. (You will want just enough oil to help all the seasonings stick to the potatoes) Use your hand to mix all ingredients and to make sure potatoes are covered with oil. Next add oregano, basil, garlic salt, and pepper to bowl. Mix all with hand, making sure to coat all the potato slices with seasonings. (I probably used at least 1 to 2 tablespoons of each seasoning) Place aluminum foil on baking sheet and cover with pam. Spread the potatoes out over pan and cook at 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until desired crispiness.



And the finished product



Bon Appetit!!

1 comment:

As for Me and My Nest... said...

I like, I like, I will have to try this!